Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. Translators have an ethical obligation not to disclose any information provided by the client without the consent of the client. Link Translation considers confidentiality as an integral part of translating and interpreting services we provide.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or by order of a court of law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- Disclosure of information may be permissible with the consent of the individual concerned or by order of a court of law.
- Due to the business structure of Link Translation, it may be necessary to brief other translators of involved in the assignment.
- Information gained by translators from consultations between clients and their representatives is protected under the common law rule of legal professional privilege.
- Translated documents at all times remain the property of the client and shall not be shown nor released to a third party without the express permission of the client or by order of a court of law.
- Every individual translation project is strictly confidential.
- For your privacy protection, the translated documents will be deleted 5 days after client’s final approval
If you would like to learn more about the Ethics of Translating & Interpreting, AUSIT, the Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators Inc, and NAATI, the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd, can provide you with extensive information on the subject.
The AUSIT Code of Ethics includes as general principles: Professional Conduct, Confidentiality, Competence, Impartiality, Accuracy, Employment, Professional Development and Professional Solidarity.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
(07) 5641 2553
Link Translation provides professional, fast and affordable human translation services to Australia from sunny Queensland